Every year there are thousands of road accidents in the United States, and over 100,000 of these involve pedestrians getting injured or killed.
More than fifty percent of pedestrian accidents in the United States result in the death of the pedestrian, making this a serious concern and problem. Nearly fifty percent of pedestrian accidents that result in death occur between 3:00pm and 4:00pm, and so in many cases they involve school children who are on their way home from school. Statistics show that it is children, along with the elderly, that are most at risk of injury or death
as a result of a pedestrian accident. The majority of these deaths and injuries are the result of a run in with a negligent or careless driver.
of the vehicle. In the vast majority of cases however, it is not the fault of the pedestrian at all but the cause of driver negligence.
This includes negligence such as:
- The driver not paying attention or being pre-occupied
- The driver speeding and not adhering to the limits set on that particular road
- The driver failing to stop at pedestrian crossing and in other pedestrian right of way areas
- A driver failing to pay and attention while driving the vehicle
- A driver that is over the legal alcohol limit or has been taking drugs
Therefore, those affected by a pedestrian accident may be eligible to claim compensation for the damage and harm caused by the accident.
A pedestrian accident can result in a range of injuries, some minor and others very serious. Many pedestrian accidents result in injuries such as:
- Broken or fractured bones
- Permanent disability
- Temporary incapacitation
- Head injuries
- Brain injuries and damage
- Mental distress and damage
as the result of a pedestrian accident caused by a negligent driver, you should seek legal assistance as soon as possible. A qualified and experienced lawyer in this field can work to get compensation for harm, injuries, distress, medical costs, loss of earnings, and any other damages or expenses that result from the pedestrian accident. In the event that you are making a claim on behalf of a deceased loved one that was killed as a result of the accident, your lawyer will file for compensation for wrongful death.